A racially insensitive decision is spiraling out of control for the U.K. release of the movie Couples Retreat. Notice the serious lack of color between the U.K. poster and the U.S poster. In response to outrage over the move, a Universal spokesman said the altered poster aimed “to simplify the poster to actors who are most [recognizable] in international markets.” Hmmm, I can see how Faizon Love and Kali Hawk are not as big names as Vince Vaughn, Jason Batemen, Kristin Davis, Malin Akerman, Kristin Bell and Jon Favreau… still, they had to know that they were going to take crap for this.
Born in Sweden, raised in Canada and 100% hot, Malin Akerman has arrived and is stealing roles where they were too cheap to get Cameron Diaz. The former model is blond firecracker with a sense of humor. Since stealing scenes in the Ben Stiller stinker The Heartbreak Kid, Akerman has become more then just a pretty face in Hollywood. She’s been on Entourage and starred in the big budget superhero movie The Watchmen. This week, she stars in Couples Retreat with Vince Vaughn, Jason Bateman and John Faverau.
Personal Life: She married Italian musician Roberto Zincone on June 20, 2007, and recently announced she’s looking to adopt a baby.
- Bang Bang Club (2009)
- Couples Retreat (2009)- Ronnie
- Watchmen (2009) – Laurie Jupiter/ Silk Spectre II
- The Proposal (2009)- Gertrude
- 27 Dresses (2008) – Tess
- The Brothers Solomon (2007)- Tara
- The Heartbreak Kid (2007)- Lila/ Lila
- Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle (2004)- Liane
- The Skulls (2000) – Co-ed in Caleb s Apartment
The Godfather of Soul feels good! Check out James Brown zonked out of his mind on TV. Phew. Fast forward the first minute to get to the good stuff. Enjoy.
Brad Pitt…ever heard of him? Well, for all of his pretty boy, tabloid love life mischief, Mr. Angelina Jolie has fashioned himself into a good actor and legitimate movie star when he’s not dodging the paparazzi. He’s the total Hollywood package. He first garnered notice in Thelma and Louise, proved he could be a big time star in Legends of the Fall, and showing his acting chops in 12 Monkeys. Several classic roles in Fight Club, Babel, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, the Ocean’s movies followed…and who can forget his hilarious stoner in True Romance? Next week he teams up with Quinton Tarantino in Inglorious Basterds.
Production Credits – Brad Pitt owns the production Plan B which currently has a deal with Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros. and 20th Century Fox. Films include Troy, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Departed, Running with Scissors, and The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford and is currently making an adaption of the novel World War Z.
Biography – born in Shawnee, Oklahoma, the son of Jane Etta (née Hillhouse), a high school counselor, and William Alvin Pitt, a truck company owner. He has a brother Doug and sister Julie.
Famous Ladyfriends – Brad Pitt has had high profile relationships with Juliette Lewis, Robin Givens, Jill Schoelen, Gwyneth Paltrow and of course ex-wife Jennifer Aniston. He is married to Angelina Jolie with whom he has 6 children.
Awards/Nominations – Nominated for Oscar for Benjamin Button (best actor) and 12 Monkeys (best supporting actor); Nominated for Golden Globes for Babel, Legends of the Fall and 12 Monkeys (he won that one).
- Inglourious Basterds (2009) Lt Aldo Raine
- The Tree of Life (2009)
- Burn After Reading (2008) Chad Feldheimer
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008) Benjamin Button
- Ocean’s Thirteen (2007) Rusty Ryan
- The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007) Jesse James
- Babel (2006) Richard
- Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005) John Smith
- Ocean’s Twelve (2004) Rusty Ryan
- Troy (2004) Achilles
- Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas (2003) Voice of Sinbad
- Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (2002) Bachelor Brad
- Full Frontal (2002) cameo (uncredited)
- Ocean’s Eleven (2001) Rusty Ryan
- Spy Game (2001) Tom Bishop
- The Mexican (2001) Jerry Welbach
- Snatch (2000) Mickey O Neil
- Fight Club (1999) Tyler Durden
- Meet Joe Black (1998) Joe Black/ Young Man in Coffee Shop
- The Dark Side of the Sun (1998)
- Seven Years in Tibet (1997) Heinrich Harrer
- The Devil’s Own (1997) Rory Devaney
- Sleepers (1996) Michael
- 12 Monkeys (1995) Jeffrey
- Seven (1995) David Mills
- Interview With the Vampire (1994) Louis Pointe du Lac
- Legends of the Fall (1994) Tristan
- The Favor (1994) Elliott
- Kalifornia (1993) Early Grayce
- True Romance (1993) Floyd – Dick s Roomate
- Cool World (1992) Frank Harris
- Johnny Suede (1992) Johnny Suede
- A River Runs Through It (1992) Paul Maclean
- Across the Tracks (1991) Joe Maloney
- Thelma & Louise (1991) J D
- Happy Together (1990)
- Too Young to Die (1990)
- Cutting Class (1989) Dwight Ingalls
Hardly a critical darling, Adam Sandler has built a career on appealing to audiences looking to laugh first and think later. Sandler has gone from totally silly to more challenging roles as he’s gotten older, and the Judd Apatow directed Funny People (which premieres this week), co-starring Seth Rogen seems to be a nice combination of funny with dramatic elements. Adam Sandler paid his dues with stand up and low rent gigs like appearances on MTV’s Remote Control. Loyal to his friends and fans, Adam Sandler has gone from SNL funny man, to creating a successful stand up act and comedy albums, to high grossing movie star and successful producer with Happy Madison Productions. He can do stupid funny like in Little Nicky and The Waterboy, but has also drifted into complex material with Spanglish, Punch-Drunk Love and Reign Over Me.
Bio – Born in Brooklyn, New York, the son of Judy, a nursery school teacher, and Stanley Sandler, an electrical engineer. He is Jewish. When he was five, his family moved to Manchester, New Hampshire, where he attended Manchester Central High School.
Family – Married actress Jacqueline Samantha Titone in 2003, has 2 daughters.
- Funny People (2009) George Simmons
- Bedtime Stories (2008) Skeeter Bronson
- You Don’t Mess With the Zohan (2008) Zohan
- I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry (2007) Chuck Levine
- Reign Over Me (2007) Charlie Fineman
- Click (2006) Michael Newman
- The Longest Yard (2005) Paul Crewe
- 50 First Dates (2004) Henry Roth
- Spanglish (2004) John Clasky
- Anger Management (2003) Dave Buznik
- Adam Sandler s Eight Crazy Nights (2002) Voice of Davey Stone/ Voice of Eleanore Duvall/ Voice of Deer
- Mr. Deeds (2002) Longfellow Deeds
- Punch-Drunk Love (2002) Barry Egan
- The Animal (2001) Townie
- Little Nicky (2000) Nicky
- Big Daddy (1999) Sonny
- Dirty Work (1998)
- The Waterboy (1998) Bobby Boucher
- The Wedding Singer (1998) Robbie
- Bulletproof (1996) Moses
- Happy Gilmore (1996) Happy Gilmore
- Billy Madison (1995) Billy Madison
- Airheads (1994) Pip
- Mixed Nuts (1994) Louie
- Coneheads (1993) Carmine
- Shakes the Clown (1992) Dink the Clown
- Going Overboard (1989)
Reynolds performance as Deadpool in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, along with the success of his movie with Sandra Bullock, The Proposal, are likely what won over the producers and director, Martin Campbell (Casino Royale) and gave Reynolds the edge over other hotshots Bradley Cooper (The Hangover) and Jared Leto. Shooting should start in and around November and will hit theaters on June 17, 2011.
Most any guy would kill for a chance to be The Green Lantern in a feature film. For Reynolds, his recent scores extend far beyond the DC Comics character. He has already appeared in X-Men Origins: Wolverine as Deadpool giving him the DC Comics/Marvel accomplishment that will go even further with a Deadpool spin-off film in early development at Fox. Reynolds has always had the comedy chops, now he’s got the action cred to bring it as Alan Scott or Hal Jordan or whatever Green Lantern’s identity will be on the big screen.
His latest romantic comedy, The Proposal with Sandra Bullock, has topped $100 million. Let us not forget his bride, the lovely Scarlett Johansson, who recently wrapped shooting her Black Widow role for Marvel’s Iron Man 2.
Not only does Ryan get to play multiple superheroes but he gets to go to bed with one as well. It truly is good to be Ryan Reynolds.
Hayden Panettiere seems to be at every the premiere of everything. Still, working hard is paying off as the Heroes hottie has been climbing the Hollywood ranks at the ripe old age of 19. She rose through the rank doing modeling work and acting on soap operas Guiding Light and One Life to Live. Her steady rise as this week as she takes center stage as the titular temptress in the movie I Love You, Beth Cooper. She’s worked as a model, singer and commercial pitch man. She’s also been heavily involved in animal causes…there’s even an arrest warrant against her in Japan for her fight for dolphins.
Tattoo Trouble – She has a tattoo across her back with the words “Vivere senza rimipianti”[sic] which is Italian for “To live without regrets” but the correct spelling is “rimpianti”.
Endorsements – Neutrogena, Got Milk? and Kohl’s Candies brand.
Family – Panettiere was born and raised in Palisades, Rockland County, New York. Her mother is Lesley R. Vogel, a former soap opera actress, and her father is Alan L. “Skip” Panettiere, a fire department lieutenant. She has one younger brother, actor Jansen Panettiere.
Dating – She dated Stephen Colletti, of Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County and Heroes co-star Milo Ventimiglia.
- Alpha and Omega (2010)
- Fireflies in the Garden (2009) Young Jane Lawrence
- I Love You, Beth Cooper (2009) Beth Cooper
- The Good Student (2009)
- Shanghai Kiss (2007) Adelaide
- Bring It On: All or Nothing (2006) Britney
- The Architect (2006) Christina
- Ice Princess (2005) Gen Harwood
- Racing Stripes (2005) Channing Walsh
- Raising Helen (2004) Audrey Davis
- The Dust Factory (2004) Melanie Lewis
- Normal (2003)
- Panic Room (2002)
- Joe Somebody (2001) Natalie Scheffer
- The Affair of the Necklace (2001) Young Jeanne
- Dinosaur (2000) Voice of of Suri
- Remember the Titans (2000) Sheryl Yoast
- Message in A Bottle (1999) Girl on Sinking Boat
- Pants on Fire (1999) 7-Year-Old Girl
- A Bug’s Life (1998) Voice of of Dot
- The Object of My Affection (1998) Mermaid
Check out former Governor Jesse “The Body” Ventura in the movie The Running Man (starring Arnold Schwarzenegger). Anyway, as Captain Freedom, here is a commercial for his workout video. The end is my favorite as I think its funny that there’ would be a workout video in which he simply flexes, points and laughs.
With many so-so sequels and prequels hitting theaters this summer, its a good time to remember the mother of all superhero/action sequels The Dark Knight. Heath Ledger’s performance as The Joker will live on forever as one of the greatest characters in cinema history. Below is a collection of the 13 best quotes (or in some cases memorable dialogue) by The Joker in The Dark Knight. I doubt we are missing much, but feel free to offer your two cents on the ranking.
13. I believe whatever doesn’t kill you, simply makes you…stranger.
12. All right. So, listen. Why don’t you give me a call when you want to start taking things a little more seriously? Here’s my card.
11. Joker: Oh, you. You just couldn’t let me go, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You are truly incorruptible, aren’t you? Huh? You won’t kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won’t kill you because you’re just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever.
10 . Do you want to know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can’t savor all the… little emotions. In… you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way, I know your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?
9. Batman: Then why do you want to kill me?
Joker: I don’t want to kill you! What would I do without you? Go back to ripping off mob dealers? No, no, NO! No. You… you… complete me.
Batman: You’re garbage who kills for money.
Joker: Don’t talk like one of them. You’re not! Even if you’d like to be. To them, you’re just a freak, like me! They need you right now, but when they don’t, they’ll cast you out, like a leper! You see, their morals, their code, it’s a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They’re only as good as the world allows them to be. I’ll show you. When the chips are down, these… these civilized people, they’ll eat each other. See, I’m not a monster. I’m just ahead of the curve.
8. This city deserves a better class of criminal. And I’m gonna give it to them.
7. Joker: If you’re good at something, never do it for free.
6. Batman: Let her go!
Joker: [holding Rachel out of a window] Very poor choice of words…
5. Joker: [to Gambol’s thugs, being held helpless by his own] Now, our operation is small, but there’s a lot of potential for “aggressive” expansion. So, which one of you fine gentlemen would like to join our team? Oh, there’s only one spot open right now, so we’re gonna have…Tryouts. Make it fast.
4. How about a magic trick? I’m gonna make this pencil disappear. Ta-daa! It’s… it’s gone.
3. Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I’m a dog chasing cars. I wouldn’t know what to do with one if I caught it. You know, I just… do things. The mob has plans, the cops have plans, Gordon’s got plans. You know, they’re schemers. Schemers trying to control their little worlds. I’m not a schemer. I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are. So, when I say… Ah, come here.
When I say that you and your girlfriend was nothing personal, you know that I’m telling the truth. It’s the schemers that put you where you are. You were a schemer, you had plans, and look where that got you. I just did what I do best. I took your little plan and I turned it on itself. Look what I did to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets. Hmmm? You know… You know what I’ve noticed? Nobody panics when things go “according to plan.” Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it’s all “part of the plan.” But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!
Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I’m an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It’s fair!
2. Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment! Well, you look nervous. Is it the scars? You want to know how I got ’em? Come here. Hey! Look at me. So I had a wife, beautiful, like you, who tells me I worry too much. Who tells me I ought to smile more. Who gambles and gets in deep with the sharks… Look at me! One day, they carve her face. And we have no money for surgeries. She can’t take it. I just want to see her smile again, hm? I just want her to know that I don’t care about the scars. So… I stick a razor in my mouth and do this…to myself. And you know what? She can’t stand the sight of me! She leaves. Now I see the funny side. Now I’m always smiling! A little fight in you. I like that. Batman: Then you’re going to love me.
1. [holding a knife inside Gambol’s mouth] Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was… a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn’t like that. Not-one-bit. So – me watching – he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, “why so serious, son?” Comes at me with the knife… “Why so serious?” He sticks the blade in my mouth… “Let’s put a smile on that face!” And…Why so serious?