Everyone has their favorite Arnold Schwarzenegger movie lines. Before he was the Governator, Arnold dished out the greatest puns, one liners and bon mots in movie history. Everyone loooooves doing his voice… including me. This list of Arnold’s best quotes mixes some familiar and personal favorites. Think we left something out? Disagree with the choices? Let us know. Enjoy…
15. “It’s not a tumor” – Kindergarten Cop – If you watch him say it, he doesn’t say it as crazy as you remember.
14. Arnold yelling - various movies (Total Recall “you blew my cover” scene below – find me a better screaming, yelling actor… you cannot. If there was an Oscar for yelling, he’d have ten of them.
13. “Consider that a divorce” - Total Recall – the first of several Total Recall lines on this list. Sharon Stone was a nobody…she appeared in this movie and then became someone. That’s the power of Arnold.
12. “I’ll be back” – Terminator 1 and 2 – the classic Arnold line… you know you’ve said it before.
11. “Dillion! You Son of a Bitch!” – Predator – The arm wrestling handshake between Carl Weathers and Arnold is what makes this truly special.
10. “Hasta la vista, baby” – Terminator 2: Judgment Day
9. “To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!” – Conan the Barbarian – Conan, what is best?
8. Every single line in Batman and Robin - Mr. Freeze – his entire role in the movie feels ironic
7. “Your clothes, give them to me, now!” – Terminator – blink and you’ll miss Bill Paxton in this scene
6. “Do it!” – Predator (and various other movies) – Cmon! Do it now!
5. “Remember when I said I’d kill you last… I lied!” – Commando – As Matrix, Arnold says this line right before killing Sully. There’s also a follow up line where Matrix is asked “what did you do with Sully” – Matrix’s response – “I let him go”
4. “I live to see you eat that contract, but I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I’m going to ram it into your stomach and break your god-damn spine!” - Running Man – Arnold is pissed at Richard Dawson in this scene – I love this line because its way over the top.
3. “Stick around” - Predator – simple. perfection.
2. “Let off some steam, Bennett” – Commando – This line pretty much sets the standard for all Arnold puns.
and the winner is…
1. “See you at the party Richter!” - Total Recall – I love this line, because instead of going for a stupid pun, Arnold just says something ridiculous. It relates back to a former scene where Richter said he’d see Arnold at a party (after his memory had been restored to his evil counterpart). As far as I’m concerned, Total Recall is the best Arnold movie…period. It’s a great story, with great action and the most ridiculous lines of any Arnold movie ever. It’s his Godfather. We could do an entire post dedicated to Total Recall lines…hmmmm.